The EPS supports workshops in experimental psychology. Details of the scheme, including procedures for applications, can be found here.
Future workshops :
Gesture in language development (19th July 2015, University of Warwick)
Modelling neural excitation/inhibition: Implications for typical brain development function and clinical disorders (1st September 2015, University of Sheffield)
EPS Science of Magic (19 February 2016, Goldsmiths, University of London)
(For more information see the News page)
- Lexical Aspects of Language Production (4 September 1998).
- Motor Control: Issues and approaches (6 January, 1999).
- Alan Baddeley's Theory and Practice: A User's Guide (8 July, 1999).
- Crossmodal Attention and Multisensory Integration (1/2 October, 1999).
- Associative Learning and Representation - a Workshop for N J Mackintosh (9 July, 2002).
- Attention in Action (13-14 September, 2002) jointly funded by EPS and the BBS Centre.
- Neuropsychology of Ageing (Worcester, 28-30 May, 2003) organised by Patrick Rabbitt.
- Speed, Control and Age: In honour of Patrick Rabbitt (28-29 June, 2004).
- Language Processes and Executive Functions (17-18 September 2004).
- Speech and Auditory Processing in Developmental Disorders. Evidence from Brain Event-related Potentials (22-24 September 2004).
- Theory in Cognitive Psychology: A Festschrift for John Morton (2-3 September 2005).
- The Role of Time in Short-term Memory. (3-4 November 2005).
- Associative Learning and Reinforcement Learning (3 April 2006).
- Dynamics of Information Processing: Choice, Attention, Emotion (30 June 2006).
- The Role of Orthographies in Reading and Spelling (20-21 September 2006).
- The method of computational modelling: A practical introduction (30 May 2007).
- Attention in Autism Spectrum Disorders: A synthesis of current approaches and future directions (12 November 2007).
- New Directions in Word Learning (17-18 April 2008)
- Lifespan development of memory and language: A festschrift for Philip Smith (July 2008)
- The development of executive funtions (30-31 August 2008)
- The Neuropsychology of Perception and Action: A festschrift for Professor David Milner (6 September 2008)
- Theory of mind: A workshop in celebration of Premack and Woodruff's seminal paper (11-12 September 2008)
- Dance and cognitive neuroscience (7 January 2009)
- Cultural effects on the mental number line (July 2009)
- The representation of abstract words (January 2010)
- Psycholinguistic approaches to speech recognition in adverse listening conditions (8-10 March 2010)
- The development of body representations over the lifespan (29-30 March 2010)
- Visual (M)organisations of space-time (in honour of Michael Morgan) (20 August 2010)
- The relativity of value: From science to policy (September 2010)
- Serial and parallel processing in reading (October 2010)
- Promoting excellence in the use of event-related potentials in psychological research: A hands-on neuroimaging workshop (November 2010)
- Insights into language processing from comparative studies or disorders and normal development (April 2011)
- Expertise as revealed by oculomotor behaviour (April 2011)
- Multidisciplinary studies of lexical processing: A workshop for William Marslen-Wilson (June 2011)
- The role of practical classes in the teaching of Psychology (celebration of Richard Gregory's life) (July 2011)
- Cortical and subcortical functions in complex behaviour: A workshop in honour of David Gaffan (September 2011)
- WHAT IF... the study of language started from the investigation of signed, rather than spoken, languages? (January 2012)
- Attention and Memory: Mechanisms of Selection and Maintenance (April 2012)
- Linear Mixed Effects Modelling in R (August 2012)
- The Dynamics of Conversational Engagement: An Interdisciplinary Perspective (September 2012)
- Space, Time and Number: 20 Years of Research (February 2013)
- Language in Developmental and Acquired disorders: Future Directions (June 2013)
- Measuring Multi-Person Timing: State of the art methods and analyses (September 2013)
- Cue integration: models, mechanisms and development (September 2013)
- Forecasting, monitoring, controlling: Dealing with a dynamic world (September 2013)
- 'Meet the experts' and 'round table' events at CogDev 2013 (September 2013)
- Noisy brains? The role of internal noise in typical and atypical development (September 2013)
- Cognitive Ageing (March 2014)
- Best practice in EEG and TMS research (April 2014)
- Vestibular Cognition (June 2014)
- The Reflexive Self (September 2014)
- Workshop in honour of Professor Jon Driver and his influence in mentoring others (January 2015)
- Where's the ouch? Distinguishing social and physical pain (June 2015)
The EPS has also supported
First Portuguese Forum of Experimental Psychology (27-29 October, 2004).
The fMRI Experience (15-16 September 2005).
Information on this page last updated July 2015.