The EPS supports workshops in experimental psychology. Details of the scheme, including procedures for applications, can be found here.
Future workshops :
(For more information see the News page)
- Lexical Aspects of Language Production (4 September 1998).
- Motor Control: Issues and approaches (6 January, 1999).
- Alan Baddeley's Theory and Practice: A User's Guide (8 July, 1999).
- Crossmodal Attention and Multisensory Integration (1/2 October, 1999).
- Associative Learning and Representation - a Workshop for N J Mackintosh (9 July, 2002).
- Attention in Action (13-14 September, 2002) jointly funded by EPS and the BBS Centre.
- Neuropsychology of Ageing (Worcester, 28-30 May, 2003) organised by Patrick Rabbitt.
- Speed, Control and Age: In honour of Patrick Rabbitt (28-29 June, 2004).
- Language Processes and Executive Functions (17-18 September 2004).
- Speech and Auditory Processing in Developmental Disorders. Evidence from Brain Event-related Potentials (22-24 September 2004).
- Theory in Cognitive Psychology: A Festschrift for John Morton (2-3 September 2005).
- The Role of Time in Short-term Memory. (3-4 November 2005).
- Associative Learning and Reinforcement Learning (3 April 2006).
- Dynamics of Information Processing: Choice, Attention, Emotion (30 June 2006).
- The Role of Orthographies in Reading and Spelling (20-21 September 2006).
- The method of computational modelling: A practical introduction (30 May 2007).
- Attention in Autism Spectrum Disorders: A synthesis of current approaches and future directions (12 November 2007).
- New Directions in Word Learning (17-18 April 2008)
- Lifespan development of memory and language: A festschrift for Philip Smith (July 2008)
- The development of executive funtions (30-31 August 2008)
- The Neuropsychology of Perception and Action: A festschrift for Professor David Milner (6 September 2008)
- Theory of mind: A workshop in celebration of Premack and Woodruff's seminal paper (11-12 September 2008)
- Dance and cognitive neuroscience (7 January 2009)
- Cultural effects on the mental number line (July 2009)
- The representation of abstract words (January 2010)
- Psycholinguistic approaches to speech recognition in adverse listening conditions (8-10 March 2010)
- The development of body representations over the lifespan (29-30 March 2010)
- Visual (M)organisations of space-time (in honour of Michael Morgan) (20 August 2010)
- The relativity of value: From science to policy (September 2010)
- Serial and parallel processing in reading (October 2010)
- Promoting excellence in the use of event-related potentials in psychological research: A hands-on neuroimaging workshop (November 2010)
- Insights into language processing from comparative studies or disorders and normal development (April 2011)
- Expertise as revealed by oculomotor behaviour (April 2011)
- Multidisciplinary studies of lexical processing: A workshop for William Marslen-Wilson (June 2011)
- The role of practical classes in the teaching of Psychology (celebration of Richard Gregory's life) (July 2011)
- Cortical and subcortical functions in complex behaviour: A workshop in honour of David Gaffan (September 2011)
- WHAT IF... the study of language started from the investigation of signed, rather than spoken, languages? (January 2012)
- Attention and Memory: Mechanisms of Selection and Maintenance (April 2012)
- Linear Mixed Effects Modelling in R (August 2012)
- The Dynamics of Conversational Engagement: An Interdisciplinary Perspective (September 2012)
- Space, Time and Number: 20 Years of Research (February 2013)
- Language in Developmental and Acquired disorders: Future Directions (June 2013)
- Measuring Multi-Person Timing: State of the art methods and analyses (September 2013)
- Cue integration: models, mechanisms and development (September 2013)
- Forecasting, monitoring, controlling: Dealing with a dynamic world (September 2013)
- 'Meet the experts' and 'round table' events at CogDev 2013 (September 2013)
- Noisy brains? The role of internal noise in typical and atypical development (September 2013)
The EPS has also supported
First Portuguese Forum of Experimental Psychology (27-29 October, 2004).
The fMRI Experience (15-16 September 2005).
Information on this page last updated October 2013.